Unfortunately, snowmobile accidents are a frequent occurrence in Vermont. Winburn Law Offices have handled a number of snowmobile accidents as part of their practice. Frequently, the consumption of alcohol by the wrongdoer is involved. The wrongdoer is usually insured by a major insurance company and the cases are handled in much the same way that automobile accidents are dealt with. As those familiar with snowmobiles know, there are “rules of the road” that snowmobilers are required to adhere to and are enforced by law.
The lawyers of Winburn Law Offices have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. These verdicts include a $2.4 million verdict in Vermont Federal Court for a woman who was struck by an automobile while crossing a street in Manchester and an award of $1.1 million in Vermont Superior Court for a man who was struck by a truck while riding his motorcycle in Northfield, Vermont. Agreements reached by pre-trial settlement also include results in excess of one million dollars.
While most cases do not guarantee verdicts or settlements of this size, our record of success in court serves all of our clients in two ways. First, it helps compensate them for the injury and losses they suffered because of someone else’s irresponsibility. Second, it contributes to our ability to reach fair settlements for our clients. Opposing lawyers and insurance companies know our track record of success in court which helps assist them in their determination of a fair settlement value of our clients’ cases.
The lawyers at Winburn Law Offices have handled thousands of personal injury cases over the last three decades. Although most cases settle and are not reported in the media, see the following excerpts from local newspapers about a few of our cases over the years:
Mr. Winburn has also been an invited speaker at the Vermont Trial Lawyers Association, the Vermont Bar Association and the Vermont Association for Justice Meetings including:
- The Use of Expert Witnesses – December 2, 2016
- Extraordinary Cross-Examination – November 19, 2010
- A review of Vermont Verdicts – April 3, 2009
- Bench and Bar Panel – May 30, 2008
- Trial Advocacy In Vermont – Winning Techniques and Insights – May 10, 2007
- A Review Of Vermont Verdicts and Settlements in 2004 – March 25, 2005
- Persuading The Gatekeeper – Daubert And It’s Progeny – January 15, 2005
- How To Grab The Jury With Your Opening Statement – March 19, 2004
- Anatomy of a Jury Trial – February 7, 2003
- Nuts and Bolts of Trial Practice – February 9, 2001
- Opening Statement – May 11, 2001
- Insurance Abuses – July 13, 2001
- Trial Practice – December 7, 2001
- Gender and Case Outcome – September 8, 2000
- Understanding Basics – Medical Malpractice – May 12, 2000
- Vermont Auto Insurance Law and Accident Litigation – August 26, 1999
- Handling Medical Malpractice Cases – April 9, 1999
- Communication – Mock Jury – June 14, 1998
- Closing Arguments – October 9, 1998
- Discovery: Was Trial By Ambush Better? – September 19, 1997
- Damages: Loss of Enjoyment – May 31, 1996
- Compulsory Physical Examinations – 1993
Contact us at (802)447-0100, (802)362-5100, toll free at (800)640-5100 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation. We only handle personal injury cases in Vermont and charge a fee only if we are successful.